Monday, November 23, 2009

Assouline, Paris, France

My favorite bookstore in Paris is Assouline, hands down. Every time I'm back, Assouline is one of my first stops. The store offers a wide array of 'lifestyle' books about everything from fashion to film to architecture. Assouline also offers great accessories for the home and high-quality stationary (if you want to know what to get me for Christmas, check out the leather-bound skull notebook on their website--I'd like it in black please ;-)...)
A few of my other favorite items include the elegant, hardcover Proust Questionnaire, a custom Goyard trunk full of Assouline titles, and the Marie Antoinette stationary set. The Assouline boutique is in the heart of Saint-Germain, only a few meters up the street from Le Pré aux Clercs on rue Bonaparte. Assouline has outposts in several other cities across the globe including New York (at 768 Fifth Avenue), but be sure to visit the Paris boutique for the real experience.
-Marcus

Assouline
35, rue Bonaparte
Paris, France 75006

No comments:

Post a Comment