Friday, November 20, 2009

Vbar&cafe, New York, New York

I thought it would be appropriate to write about one of my favorite new york coffee shops after my post about Le Pré aux Clercs. This distinction would have to go to Vbar&cafe at Washington Square. It's literally across the street from the law school buildings, so you can often find me there between classes or grabbing a latte on my way to lecture.
I love Vbar's unassuming façade and it's cozy interior. You definitely feel like you're in a neighborhood coffee shop, not at a carbon-copy of Starbucks or Au Bon Pain. Moreover, the prices are great... you can't beat $2.50 for a latte, especially in NYC!

At night, the coffee shop turns into a dimly-lit wine and beer bar... they have dozens of wines (by the glass, carafe, or bottle) as well as a large selection of beers from all over the world. The location is great, whether you want to grab a coffee and have a walk in the park or meet up with friends for a drink before heading out to go dancing. I highly recommend checking it out. The only drawback is that it's quite small and there is limited seating.

-Marcus

Vbar&cafe
225 Sullivan Street (between Bleecker & W. 3rd)
New York, NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment