Wednesday, November 25, 2009

La Velvet Margarita Cantina, Hollywood, California

The perfect place to have dinner parties when you're craving Mexican food! The place is decorated like a Mexican version of Alice in Wonderland, so the atmosphere along with the festive music makes for a fun and crazy spot to pre-party before going out in Hollywood. I just recently threw a surprise birthday dinner here for my bff, Katherine.

There are set prices on the menu so it makes splitting the check super easy: Appetizers $8, Entrees $16. I get excited every time I go because they always give free salsa and bean dip for the table. Not to mention the margaritas and tequila here are delicious--I don't usually take tequila shots but the cheapest ones here run smoothly down your throat and actually taste good. Also, if you're cute you can get them for $5 instead of $8! I either got the discount because I played the ingenue, "they're $8 each?!?" or because I ordered 30 shots for the table ... either way, the bartenders here are also fun (too bad they weren't also delicious).

Me gusta the Ahi Tacos and Strawberry Margaritas.


-Kristien
La Velvet Margarita Cantina
1612 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028

2 comments:

  1. looks like fun! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this place is awesome. wish i had ordered a margarita...

    ReplyDelete