Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Top 5 Favorite Beaches in the World

1. Positano, Italy : I love pebble beaches because it feels so much cleaner than sand. The water is so clear and the scenary is sooo beautiful ... no wonder so many celebrities vacation here.
2. Patong Beach - Phuket, Thailand : It's amazing how the beach is surrounded by forest and greenery. Unlike America, coconuts are inexpensive in Asia and so delicious to drink (must drink one on the beach). If you ever visit Thailand, make sure it's not during monsoon season, May to October, because it rains all the time. Still, I went in August and I was able to get a day of sun...and flights are cheaper in the summer!
3. Cinque Terre, Italy : After hiking between the little towns, jump off the cliffs and take a swim. This place was so calming and you feel like you're in the middle of no where ... well you kind of are... 4. Pipeline - North Shore, Hawaii : I love taking "road trips" to the North Shore to remind myself how amazing it was to grow up in Hawaii. I rarely go in the water on the North Shore because unless it's summer, the waves are like 10 ft high.
5. Kaimana Beach - Honolulu, Hawaii : I frequent this beach whenever I go home because it's in the center of town in Waikiki but not crowded with tourists. Good for swimming and laying out.

-Kristien

No comments:

Post a Comment